5. USP 800 Non-Sterile Compounding Cleanroom + Supporting Areas
- LOCATION: Southern Florida, U.S.
- INDUSTRY: Compounding / Pharmacy
- APPLICATION: USP 800 Non-Sterile Compounding Cleanroom
- SIZE: 2,300 square feet
- CLEANROOM CLASS: ISO 5 & ISO 7
Our customer, which specializes in direct-to-patient healthcare, owns an online pharmacy platform that delivers high-quality and affordable drugs throughout the United States.
The customer inquired with MECART about obtaining 2,300 square feet of cleanroom space for its USP 800 non-sterile compounding pharmacy in South Florida. That cleanroom space would help enable the company to continue its expansion.
The cleanroom environment is divided into multiple rooms for a total of five compounding rooms and four supporting areas such as the gowning areas, a washing station, and a positive pressure corridor that serves as a background zone for the compounding cleanrooms.
The five compounding rooms, maintained under negative pressure, have cleanroom cleanliness levels of ISO 5 and ISO 7. The cleanroom layout consists of two weighing rooms, two mixing rooms, and a packing and shipping room.
to learn more about designing USP 800 pharmacy rooms, read the MECART article Building a USP 800 Compliant Compounding Clean Room.
The Mecart Cleanroom Checklist is also a good starting point to help you with your compounding cleanroom design.
* Please take note that the projects chosen for this article were selected based on photo availability and confidentiality rather than size or value due to the confidential nature of some cleanroom projects.